Traveling is not always advised during the winter months, but at times, we don't have a choice! We travel for work, family get together's, and snow trips. If you are driving this winter, here a few tips to keep in mind before hitting the road.
7 Tips to Tackle Travel
Quality Health Solutions
- Get a once over of your car. Have your tires checked out and replaced if needed. Change your oil, and confirm your car is ready for the distance and the weather ahead.
- Make flexible plans. Weather can turn in just a couple hours and traffic jams can change your ETA quickly.
- Stock up your vehicle. Pack extra sleeping gear, emergency supplies and food.
- Plan ahead. Familiarize yourself with the route, let others know your schedule, and check in advance for road closures.
- Keep your gas tank at least half full. Unexpected traffic can burn up gas, even in hybrid cars.
- If you are using google maps to guide your directions, you can download the map in advance. This reduces the need to be connected to mobile data or internet. Read instructions on how to download maps here.
- And we can't forget the basics: wear your seat belt, don't text and drive, and don't drink and drive.